The Tuscan countryside. In the Maremma Region, you will see cypress trees, olive groves and vineyards. As you continue on through the gently rolling hills overlooking the sea pines and sand dunes of the Tirreno Sea, your guide will point out sites of interest and introduce you to the local history. Leaving the town center, you will see the ancient castles and watchtowers that dominate the dramatic rocky cliffs on the Mediterranean coastline.
Your first stop will be Castle of Bolgheri, whose origins date back to the 1200s. Since then, it has been the property of the Counts of Gherardesca family. In the second half of the 1700s, restoration work and improvements were made to the building, and the cellars were built. In 1895, the castle’s facade was modified, with the construction of the tower and merlons that are seen today.
Bolgheri Castle is surrounded by picturesque vineyards, olive orchards and wooded areas and both sides of the estate are adjacent to the famous cypress road extolled in the poetry of Giosuè Carducci. During your visit, you will be served two wines produced by the winery (Castello di Bolgheri and Varvàra), along with some wholesome bread, extra virgin olive oil, prosciutto and savoury sheep cheese. Relax and enjoy the Castle’s ambience as you swirl the wines in your glass, releasing their fine aromas and discovering the extraordinary personality of every drop. After your wine tasting, you will be treated to a guided tour of the estate and the cellars before having some free time to catch a glimpse of the local country lifestyle. You may also use this time to purchase some selected wines and souvenirs at the local shops before transfering to a typical Tuscan restaurant, nestled in a quiet and intimate setting near the San Guido Estate.
After lunch, you will be escorted to Pisa or Lucca: your stroll around Pisa or Lucca will allow you to discover the culture and enjoy a gelato or espresso before being chauffeured back to the La Spezia via scenic routes.
Spend the day touring charming little villages and authentic vineyards on Costal TUSCANY for unique experiences.
- Availability: all year round
- Disables and reduced mobility people friendly: Yes, if requested
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: low (low/moderate/high)
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes
- Pick up suggested: 9.00 am
- Including: parking, tolls and fuel
- Price: (per party, not per person), depending on duration, pick-up location and group size
- Not included: admission ticket for churches and museums
- Pick up location: your accommodation (cruises, hotels, villas, B&B, etc.)
- NO hidden surprises, and your rate is confirmed before you book
- veh’s fleet is formed by exclusive private mercedes Sedan, Van and Bus
- the drivers are licensed, insured, regulated and vaccinated
- english speaking driver if requested
- thanks to our authorizations, we can access to any historical centres
- bottled water onboard
- highly competitive rates (same price, or even lower, than a normal taxi)
- C-19 compliance standards
Notes and Instructions for cruise passengers
Please note that the driver is not able to leave the vehicle and accompany you to specific sites in the centre due to strict parking regulations in the city centres.
This activity will end right where it started.