Porto Venere or Lerici + Sarzana (Half Day)
By choosern the Porto Venere or Lerici + Sarzana (Half Day) tour you will find an uneven coastline, protected by ancient castles and overwhelmed by an unique flora. A fantastic view that you’ll never forget!
We will pick up you in La Spezia and we will easily reach Porto Venere which, not surprisingly, was called as the Venus harbour. Northern border of the Gulf of Poets, with Roman roots, it offers a wonderful view. There is a castle, on the top of the hill, and the solid St. Peter’s church, as a stone bow on the wind, looking over the rugged coast.
We will pick up you in La Spezia and we will easily reach Lerici, where you will greet the famous Gulf of Poets. The name of the gulf is due to the fact it was chosen by different authors as their poetic house. See, for example, what Henry James wrote about it*. From the second generation of the English Romantic poets, until nowadays, never ending lines have depicted this striking sea place!
This tour proceeds to discover Sarzana in a unique way! Take a stroll in the main street, be amazed at its beautiful palaces and learn more about the history of the city, its art and culture. It will seem to be back in time, sitting in an old fashion cafe’, tasting delicious delights, cakes, ice cream or cappuccino and marveling at beautiful Art-Nuveau details. Whether your are planning to spend just few hours or an entire day out, Sarzana will offer you many opportunities to enjoy your time with family or friends. Not far from La Spezia, Sarzana is the perfect location if you want to do something different and unique. More over the city offers a great shopping opportunities for the entire family!
- Availability: all year round
- Disables and reduced mobility people friendly: Yes, if requested
- Tour duration: 4 hours
- Activity Level: low (low/moderate/high)
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes
- Pick up suggested: 9.00 am
- Including: parking, tolls and fuel
- Price: (per party, not per person), depending on duration, pick-up location and group size
- Not included: admission ticket for churches and museums
- Pick up location: your accommodation (cruises, hotels, villas, B&B, etc.)
- NO hidden surprises, and your rate is confirmed before you book
- veh’s fleet is formed by exclusive private mercedes Sedan, Van and Bus
- the drivers are licensed, insured, regulated and vaccinated
- english speaking driver if requested
- thanks to our authorizations, we can access to any historical centres
- bottled water onboard
- highly competitive rates (same price, or even lower, than a normal taxi)
- C-19 compliance standards
Notes and Instructions for cruise passengers
Please note that the driver is not able to leave the vehicle and accompany you to specific sites in the centre due to strict parking regulations in the city centres.
This activity will end right where it started.