Bay of Poets - Portovenere, Lerici, Tellaro
Bay of Poets – Portovenere, Lerici, Tellaro is a very charming and suggestive tour where you will discover some of the most inspiring fishing villages of Italy. You will find an uneven coastline, protected by ancient castles and overwhelmed by an unique flora. A fantastic view that you’ll never forget!
We will pick up you in La Spezia and we will easily reach Portovenere which, not surprisingly, was called as the Venus harbour. Northern border of the Gulf of Poets, with Roman roots, it offers a wonderful view. There is a castle, on the top of the hill, and the solid St. Peter’s church, as a stone bow on the wind, looking over the rugged coast.
From Portovenere we’ll drive to Lerici, where you will greet the famous Gulf of Poets. The name of the gulf is due to the fact it was chosen by different authors as their poetic house. See, for example, what Henry James wrote about it*. From the second generation of the English Romantic poets, until nowadays, never ending lines have depicted this striking sea place! A short distance from Lerici is Tellaro.
After a pleasant and panoramic walk, you’ll be ready to continue the tour to arrive to Tellaro, one of the most picturesque villages in Italy! When you first get to Tellaro (considered by Italian experts to be one of Italy’s loveliest towns) you’ll find it is a maze of tiny little lanes and passageways that simply tempt one to explore. Go and get lost! With Tellaro being so small you’ll not be lost for long and you’ll soon find yourself back in the piazza or down by the little harbour. If you’re here on a Sunday then the morning service in the picturesque sixteenth century Church of San Giorgio is a great experience.
- Availability: all year round
- Disables and reduced mobility people friendly: Yes, if requested
- Tour duration: 4 hours / 8 hours
- Activity Level: low (low/moderate/high)
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes, , sunglasses, hat/cap, sunscreen
- Pick up suggested: 9.00 am
- Including: parking, tolls and fuel
- Price: (per party, not per person), depending on duration, pick-up location and group size
- Not included: admission ticket for churches and museums
- Pick up location: your accommodation (cruises, hotels, villas, B&B, etc.)
- NO hidden surprises, and your rate is confirmed before you book
- veh’s fleet is formed by exclusive private mercedes Sedan, Van and Bus
- the drivers are licensed, insured, regulated and vaccinated
- english speaking driver if requested
- thanks to our authorizations, we can access to any historical centres
- bottled water onboard
- highly competitive rates (same price, or even lower, than a normal taxi)
- C-19 compliance standards
Notes and Instructions for cruise passengers
Please note that the driver is not able to leave the vehicle and accompany you to specific sites in the centre due to strict parking regulations in the city centres.
This activity will end right where it started.