Drive through medieval towns and beautiful surrounding valleys, we will stop at San Gimignano, an enchanting medieval village that has taken the name of Bishop Gimignano who saved the city from the barbarians. The Italian Manhattan as it has been called because of it’s tall, majestic towers. You will have time to visit and shop.
Re-board your vehicle and off to Siena where enthusiastic visitors claim that it’s a place that should not be missed. Founded by Augustus around the time of birth of Christ, the city became a wealthy and powerful rival of Florence during the late middle age. Today Siena offers visitors a fascinating passageway to the Renaissance.
You will have time to visit Piazza del Duomo. It is the site of the annual spectacular “Palio” horse race, Piazza del Duomo, where the Cathedral and the most outstanding buildings stand.
- Day trip to Siena, San Gimignano, from La Spezia
- Travel through the Chianti countryside in Tuscany Explore Siena’s Old Town
- Discover the famous Siena Cathedral and its treasures
- Make a stop in a charming village in Chianti for lunch
- Availability: all year round
- Disables and reduced mobility people friendly: Yes, if requested
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: low (low/moderate/high)
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes
- Pick up suggested: 9.00 am
- Including: parking, tolls and fuel
- Price: (per party, not per person), depending on duration, pick-up location and group size
- Not included: admission ticket for churches and museums
- Pick up location: your accommodation (cruises, hotels, villas, B&B, etc.)
- NO hidden surprises, and your rate is confirmed before you book
- veh’s fleet is formed by exclusive private mercedes Sedan, Van and Bus
- the drivers are licensed, insured, regulated and vaccinated
- english speaking driver if requested
- thanks to our authorizations, we can access to any historical centres
- bottled water onboard
- highly competitive rates (same price, or even lower, than a normal taxi)
- C-19 compliance standards
Notes and Instructions for cruise passengers
Please note that the driver is not able to leave the vehicle and accompany you to specific sites in the centre due to strict parking regulations in the city centres.
This activity will end right where it started.