Porto Venere or Lerici + Lunigiana (Full Day)
With the Porto Venere or Lerici + Lunigiana (Full Day) tour you will find an uneven coastline, protected by ancient castles and overwhelmed by an unique flora. A fantastic view that you’ll never forget!
We will pick up you in La Spezia and we will easily reach Porto Venere which, not surprisingly, was called as the Venus harbour. Northern border of the Gulf of Poets, with Roman roots, it offers a wonderful view. There is a castle, on the top of the hill, and the solid St. Peter’s church, as a stone bow on the wind, looking over the rugged coast.
We will pick up you in La Spezia and we will easily reach Lerici, where you will greet the famous Gulf of Poets. The name of the gulf is due to the fact it was chosen by different authors as their poetic house. See, for example, what Henry James wrote about it*. From the second generation of the English Romantic poets, until nowadays, never ending lines have depicted this striking sea place!
This tour proceeds to Lunigiana… Discover the hidden Tuscany: a delightfully unspoiled area known as the “Valley of the 100 castles”. It’s just impossible not to be enchanted by the medieval hilltop towns, castles and fortified villages, while watching history unfold before your eyes.
The Bay of the Poets
Visiting Portovenere and the Lunigiana means discovering a land full of history and a bit of mystery, between Liguria and Tuscany. A route to discover this historic region, lost between the valleys at the foot of the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines and the Apuan Alps, which has always been a border territory, rich of ancient settlements.
A coast of many colours, evocative and unique. Villages overlooking the sea, green hills and crystal clear water. The Gulf of Poets invites you quietly and it is not surprising that it was loved by poets and writers like Shelley, Byron, Petrarch and Montale. To them this Gulf ows the name of Gulf of Poets, which from Lerici goes to Portovenere, embracing two promontories, beaches, rugged coast, blue sea, ancient villages and wilderness.
Tellaro, San Terenzo, Fezzano, Le Grazie, the island Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto. Places enchanted and pleasing, formerly part of what was the historic Lunigiana, so different from the tuscan Lunigiana, but so united in customs, traditions and cuisine.
- Availability: all year round
- Disables and reduced mobility people friendly: Yes, if requested
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- Activity Level: low (low/moderate/high)
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes
- Pick up suggested: 9.00 am
- Including: parking, tolls and fuel
- Price: (per party, not per person), depending on duration, pick-up location and group size
- Not included: admission ticket for churches and museums
- Pick up location: your accommodation (cruises, hotels, villas, B&B, etc.)
- NO hidden surprises, and your rate is confirmed before you book
- veh’s fleet is formed by exclusive private mercedes Sedan, Van and Bus
- the drivers are licensed, insured, regulated and vaccinated
- english speaking driver if requested
- thanks to our authorizations, we can access to any historical centres
- bottled water onboard
- highly competitive rates (same price, or even lower, than a normal taxi)
- C-19 compliance standards
Notes and Instructions for cruise passengers
Please note that the driver is not able to leave the vehicle and accompany you to specific sites in the centre due to strict parking regulations in the city centres.
This activity will end right where it started.