This is an example of itinerary including a visit in the Ferrari car factory museum in Maranello and a balsamic vinegar producer.. Feel free to require a further customization of your cruise ship excursion that better fits to your wishes or needs.… Feel free to require a further customization of your cruise ship excursion that better fits to your wishes or needs.
Meet the driver and ride across the Appenine Mountains towards Maranello, a little town near Modena, place where the Ferrari car factory officially opened in 1947 by Enzo Ferrari. The race team started the activity in 1929 and holds the most constructor’s championships (16) and having produced the highest number of winning drivers (15).
The museum offers a permanent exhibition of amazing Formula 1 cars, during the visit you can also experience the emotion of driving a F1 in a semi-professional F1 simulator (Junior simulator available for children) or you can test yourself in a real pit stop where you will be timed changing a tire. The Ferrari is the only factory in the world that self-produces every single part of the car, to know more join the official guided visit of the factory and test track.
THE BALSAMIC VINEGAR “ACETAIA”
It’s now time for lunch so we move to a balsamic vinegar producer… The Ferrari museum is immersed in the area where the balsamic vinegar is produced. This kind of dressing has become popular in the last years, but it’s made and aged in the same way since the 1747 when firstly was mentioned the adjective “balsamic” for the vinegar.
Visit the farm and learn more about the methods of making, refining and aging this nectar; and of course, experience its unique taste. For lunch, you may find local specialties matched with the balsamic vinegar like: Parmigiano Reggiano, Parma ham, Bologna Mortadella all accompanied by the local red sparkling wine called Lambrusco.
After lunch decide whether to drive a real Ferrari OR visit Modena OR Parma on the way back to La Spezia.
Please Note: If you are really passioned of race cars, you could further customize your shore excursion by renting and driving a real Ferrari car in one of the car rentals around the museum. Otherwise visit the Lamborghini car factory and museum (located 40 min drive from Maranello) for a full immersion in the world of the roaring engines.
FERRARI MUSEUM AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR SUMMARIZATION:
- Ferrari Museum and a balsamic vinegar producer from Modena.
- Visit a traditional balsamic vinegar ‘acetaia’ to learn how this black gold is made
- Sample 12-year-old and 25-year-old vinegars
- Explore the Ferrari Museum in Maranello
- Availability: all year round
- Disables and reduced mobility people friendly: Yes, if requested
- Tour duration: 9 hours
- Activity Level: low (low/moderate/high)
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes
- Pick up suggested: 9.00 am
- Including: parking, tolls and fuel
- Price: (per party, not per person), depending on duration, pick-up location and group size
- Not included: admission ticket for churches and museums
- Pick up location: your accommodation (cruises, hotels, villas, B&B, etc.)
- NO hidden surprises, and your rate is confirmed before you book
- veh’s fleet is formed by exclusive private mercedes Sedan, Van and Bus
- the drivers are licensed, insured, regulated and vaccinated
- english speaking driver if requested
- thanks to our authorizations, we can access to any historical centres
- bottled water onboard
- highly competitive rates (same price, or even lower, than a normal taxi)
- C-19 compliance standards
Notes and Instructions for cruise passengers
Please note that the driver is not able to leave the vehicle and accompany you to specific sites in the centre due to strict parking regulations in the city centres.
This activity will end right where it started.