Parma and the food valley, tour from La Spezia to the Italian gourmet valley: Parmigiano cheese, Parma prosciutto and much more.
Meet up your driver in La Spezia and set off for a delicious day in one of the main Italian destinations for foodies: Parma.
We start the day with a visit to a cheese maker to learn how the world-renown Parmigiano Reggiano is produced and of course to taste it! We will discover the long history of this product that has its origins in the Middle Ages and that today is still produced following the same ancient techniques. In fact it has been granted the PDO (Protected Denomination of Origin) certification.
We then move to the historic centre of the elegant Parma, with its wonderful Piazza Duomo where the Romanesque Cathedral and the pink marble octagonal Baptistery are. Here you will have time for a self-guided visit of the city and for some shopping.
Next stop is a local wine farm where we will stop for a delicious lunch. Afterwards visit the farm and taste its wonderful PDO Parma ham (Prosciutto di Parma), one of the icons of this area and of the Italian made products exported all over the world.
- Take a tour around Parma and learn about its unique culture and cuisine
- Learn about the region’s best foods like prosciutto and Parmigiano
- Reggiano Visit key landmarks such as the Cathedral and Pilotta Palace
- Enjoy food and wine samples as you walk around the city
- Availability: all year round
- Disables and reduced mobility people friendly: Yes, if requested
- Tour duration: 9 hours
- Activity Level: low (low/moderate/high)
- Advised clothing: comfortable shoes and clothes
- Pick up suggested: 9.00 am
- Including: parking, tolls and fuel
- Price: (per party, not per person), depending on duration, pick-up location and group size
- Not included: admission ticket for churches and museums
- Pick up location: your accommodation (cruises, hotels, villas, B&B, etc.)
- NO hidden surprises, and your rate is confirmed before you book
- veh’s fleet is formed by exclusive private mercedes Sedan, Van and Bus
- the drivers are licensed, insured, regulated and vaccinated
- english speaking driver if requested
- thanks to our authorizations, we can access to any historical centres
- bottled water onboard
- highly competitive rates (same price, or even lower, than a normal taxi)
- C-19 compliance standards
Notes and Instructions for cruise passengers
Please note that the driver is not able to leave the vehicle and accompany you to specific sites in the centre due to strict parking regulations in the city centres.
This activity will end right where it started.